**This webinar is for 1 AMA PRA Category 1™. NO Category A credit is available for RTs at this time.**
You will appreciate this one hour webinar designed to give you a clearer understanding of how your organization may comply with the new Texas requirements for establishing a Radiation Protocol Committee (RPC) and meeting the fluoroscopy requirements. Louis K. Wagner, Ph.D. will walk you through the most asked questions and answers for setting up your program in the simplest way possible. Even if you already have begun the process or established your plan, you will benefit from the experience and understanding from this highly experienced Medical Physicist.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand that need for a Radiation Protocol (RPC) according to the rule
- Identify the required members of the RPC
- Discuss the intent of rule to protect patients and staff during the use of fluoroscopic equipment
- Identify the date the RPC must be established and the date the training must be completed.
- Name the frequency that the RPC must meet according to the regulation
- List the professionals who are exempt from the rule
- Identify the number of hours of fluoroscopic radiation safety training required by the rule for all non-exempt users
Faculty: Louis K. Wagner, Ph.D., DABR, FAAPM, FACR
- Professor of Radiology
- Chief Physicist
- Dept. of Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging
- University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX
Advanced Health Education Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council For Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Advanced Health Education Center designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Minimum system requirements for online and video-based Home Study
Windows XP or higher
One gigabyte (GB) of RAM