This course is designed to give a basic understanding on X-Ray Safety Training for physicians or physician assistants that do not perform fluoroscopic procedures. You will gain a better understanding of x-ray radiation and learn strategies to reduce radiation dose to both you, your employees and your patients. Best practices are stressed and explained.
- Types of ionizing and non-ionizing Radiation
- X-ray Equipment and Radiation Production
- Occupational Exposure Limits
- Protective Devices
- Time, Distance and Shielding
- Biologic Effects of Radiation