- Define Human Trafficking and Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000
- Explain the difference between Human Trafficking and Smuggling
- Discuss types of trafficking and vulnerability factors
- Describe traffickers' profiles and their recruitment tactics
- Discuss statistics of victims - globally and locally
- Health Impact-types of injuries to assist in identification
- Describe strategies in aiding in identification and assessment.
- Explain Patient-Centered Approach
- Discuss examples of appropriate language
- Explain importance of documentation
- Creation of check list to assist in identifying victims of human trafficking or smuggling
- Resources for Healthcare to aid in recognizing, intervening and referring trafficking victims.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline
- State Agencies (Texas)
- Understand the types of human trafficking in the United States.
- Be better able to identify victims of human trafficking in health care settings.
- Create an objective 'check list' to aid in determining if patient is a victim of human trafficking/smuggling.
- Identify resources for reporting suspected victims of human trafficking.