COURSE SUMMARY: This course is designed to improve the mammographer's positioning skills and procedures for CC, MLO, Supplemental Views and Male Patient Imaging. The course is often requested as part of accreditation requirements for mammography positioning. Any radiographer may take this course to learn or refresh their skills. A good review of QC for images is included. The faculty for this course is a qualified MQSA mammography trainer.
- List the standards for positioning the routine views.
- Identify the step that will assure adequate visualization of posterior tissue on the CC view.
- Describe the adequate muscle pattern on the MLO view.
- Evaluate the images for optimal compression.
- Discuss the importance of consistent positioning.
- Evaluate the images for motion or geometric blur.
- Discuss PNL measurement and how to use it.
- Obtain adequate IMF on the MLO.
- Understand how to correct positioning deficiencies
- Discuss proper positioning of the augmented patient
- Discuss compression on the augmented patient
- Critique a mammographic image for acceptable technical factors
- Critique a mammographic image for acceptable positioning criteria for the cranio-caudal view
- Critique a mammographic image for acceptable positioning criteria for the mediolateral oblique
- List three positioning techniques